2020 California State Fair Homebrew Competition
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 California State Fair Homebrew Competition organized by California State Fair.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Judge and Steward Registration is Open
If you have not registered and are willing to be a volunteer, please register.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
Entry Registration & Fees
1. Entry Registration: Entry registration (via online State Fair Homebrew Competition website noted below). All entries must be delivered by Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020 by 12:00 pm. No extension of the entry date is planned. Official guidelines are also available at castatefair.org/ homebrew
2. Entry Fees: Registration fees are $15.00 per entry. Payment must be via check, money order or PayPal. NO CASH ACCEPTED FOR ENTRIES. Do Not send Payments with Entries. Payment must be received in advance by the date above per one of the following methods:
a. PayPal– Using online California State Fair Homebrew Competition web-site castatefair.org/homebrew. Before midnight February 15th, 2020;
b. Check or money order payable to “California State Fair” at Homebrew Competition, California State Fair, PO Box 15649, Sacramento, CA 95852
3. Checks and money orders must be accompanied by a list of entry numbers for the identification of the sender. For any entries that are registered but not submitted, PLEASE notify the competition organizers immediately after the entry deadline. Refunds are available for those that miss the entry deadline and notify the organizers prior to the start of judging.
1. Additional Information: Should there be any information desired and not found in the prospectus, please contact of Homebrew Competition Director - firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Revisions: This is sent out in advance and therefore may be subject to revision or change.
3. Mailing List and Notification: Although we try to keep mailing lists current, we cannot be held responsible for any individual that is not notified or contacted.
RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- Brewers must be official residents of California and be at least 21 years of age. Beers must be made in the home for private non-commercial use. Brews made at the commercial brewery (e.g., nano or micro-brewery) or a Brew - on - Premise are not allowed.
- Brewers are limited to three entries per category. Each entry, however, must be in separate subcategories.
- Most categories are divided into distinct styles, and beer will be judged as that style. Be sure to indicate on the registration form and the bottle entry form both the category of the entry and the style of the entry within the category. For example Category: Standard American Beer: Cream Ale. Entries that do not specify a style on the entry form may be disqualified at the discretion of the Homebrew Committee.
- Submission of Entry(s) to this competition implies acceptance of all rules and conditions as stated in the Homebrew Guidelines and the California State Fair General Rules which can be found at http://www.castatefair.org/homebrew.
- For consideration of Home Brew Club of the Year, ensure that your club affiliation is associated with each entry online.
- If you are unsure of the category your beer should be entered in, contact the head judge or a competition representative. The Committee reserves the right to modify categories as needed.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Mike Witherow — Competition Coordinator
California State Fair is proud to have the following sponsors for the 2020 California State Fair Homebrew Competition.